Our appointment system is currently run on a telephone triage system.
- You will contact the reception staff - who have been asked by the Doctors to find out a little bit about why you are ringing so they can then make you an appointment with the appropriate clinician at the appropriate time
- The Clinician will then contact you on the telephone number you have provided
- The Clinician will ensure that you receive the most clinically appropriate solution
Please note a GP surgery receptionist is not simply someone who answers the phone - they are specially trained to help you get the most appropriate treatment as fast as possible.
In order to do this, they need to ask you questions about why you need to see a Doctor, often they might be able to get you a nurse appointment faster.
We aim to deliver the Welsh Government targets:
- All calls answered within 120 seconds
- Missed call rate below 20%
Home visits are provided when clinically appropriate.
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.